Tuesday 9 April 2013

Little Pudding's Birthday


Noah's face was an absolute picture when he first clapped eyes on the big bunch of golden balloons waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs. Just a hunch but I don't think he was too impressed, seeing as he ran off shouting "ARRRGH SCARY".. Not the reaction we were hoping for!

The doughnut breakfast went down much better, although who can say no to sticky chocolate doughnuts with candles on top?!

He was a very happy chappy opening up all of his lovely presents, I've never seen anyone so excited about a fedora (this boy loves his hat wear people!)
Not forgetting his brand spanking new Uke.. He prefers to turn it over and use it as a drum or a weapon but I'm hoping in a year or two he will be able to strum a little tune. Hmm, probably being a tad optimistic seeing as I am a complete dud when it comes to playing an instrument. If he winds up being a musical prodigy it definitely wasn't inherited from my side of the gene pool!
Afterwards we headed to The Gourmet Burger Kitchen, where I think we all suffered from Eyes-Bigger-Than-Belly syndrome. The burgers there are soo tasty, I'm pretty sure I could easily polish off three of four, and they have such amazing milkshakes, I had the Chocolate Oreo and Noah had his all time favourite- Banana! It was finished off with one (ahem.. several) helpings of his triple chocolate fudge birthday cake (oof!)
I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. Although I look forward to every new milestone there is still the little pang of sadness knowing he is no longer our tiny little baby. He's becoming a determined little soul, so talkative, adventurous and brave. I am very intrigued to see what this new year holds for us, potty training and 'the terrible two's tantrums' should be.. interesting! But also being able to have a proper conversation with him, seeing his personality continue to develop, there is a lot in store for us and it is very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment