Wednesday 8 August 2012

Midnight Sky Themed Nursery


Shopping List
1. You're my star print
2. Origami lampshade
3. Stripe and pompom rug
4. I love you to the moon and back print
5. Rabbit lamp
6. Globe pouf
7. Knitted cushion
8. Zinc letter
9. Star blanket
10. Owl ornaments
11. Sheepskin rug
12. Brown rabbit
13. Can't you sleep little bear
14. Star print cushion
15. Gold star cushion
16. Star print bedding
17. Cream bear
18. Grey blanket
19. Blue blanket

This mood board is the type of idea I have in mind for when the wee man gets a bit older. The colours are more relaxing and calming, and are very similar to Noah's first nursery colour palette of cream/biscuit which means several items and bedding pieces can be re-used in the future. The idea for this theme came to me when I was reading Noah a book that I loved as a child, 'Can't you sleep little bear.' When I came to the page where Little Bear is being shown the big bright moon I instantly fell in love with the picture and decided that some day I would have the image blown up to hang in Noah's room. I told my Mum the idea and turns out she had loved the picture too and had it up in my room when I was little. Great minds think a-like! I can't remember this at all but maybe that's why the image seemed to stand out to me when I was flicking through the pages.

The bedding is a mixture of Noah's previous bedding- the Millie and Borris range from Mama's and Papas, and a starry range from Zara home. Although it was quite expensive, the quality is unbelievable and despite frequent washing and Noah's attempts to rip it apart when teething it really has stood the test of time. Unlike the cot which was also very expensive however now looks as though a shoal of beavers have set upon it. 

I love the idea of Ralph Lauren's constellation wallpaper which glows in the dark- how amazing is that! The price is completely out of my budget, however the personalised 'you're my star' print featured in the mood board above also glows in the dark and is an absolute steal, which I think is a pretty sweet compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment